Although many people already have their Christmas decorations up, today marks the unofficial start of the holidays for 2023. And most, if not all, cruise ships will be celebrating with decorations. Some, like Princess Cruises, are doing “a little bit more”.
“Princess truly delivers a holiday spectacular, creating a warm atmosphere that feels like the perfect home away from home for our guests to simply relax and take in all of the distinctive moments of the season, without the stress of entertaining,” said Sami Kohen, vice president of food and beverage, Princess Cruises. “From new specialty cocktails or warm cocoa to holiday favorite movies and even a tree lighting ceremony with falling snow, it’s easy to get into the holiday spirit at sea with Princess.”
Deck the Decks
From evergreens adorning the decks to Christmas trees in the Piazzas, guests are treated to a host of holiday festivities including:
- Holiday Wishes Variety Show
- Hannukah Services and Menorah Lighting
- Ugly Holiday Sweater Competition
- Lighting of the Lights Ceremony to turn on the tree lights and start the snow falling machines, with hot chocolate, mulled wine, and eggnog
- Family Gingerbread House Making Competition, judged by the Executive Chef, Pastry Chef, Captain and Entertainment Director
- Holiday Family Movie Nights, featuring favorites like “Elf,” “A Christmas Story” and “The Grinch”
- Holiday Caroling in the Piazza
- Santa’s Arrival and Gift Giving
- Pajama Breakfast with Stanley
- “Twas the Night Before Christmas” Reading, where kids are encouraged to wear their PJs and enjoy hot chocolate
- Interdenominational Church Services, led by guest volunteers or onboard teammates
Eat, Drink, and Be Merry
Guests looking for some holiday cheer with a special cocktail have several festive options to choose from. Princess bartenders are stirring up several new drinks, including:
- Autumn Elixir: Grey Goose, St Germain, orange Juice, apple Juice, and sugar syrup, garnished with pomegranate and thyme
- Charm with Pecan: Zacapa rum, Crème de cacao dark, Kahlua and cream, garnished with crushed pecan and star anise
- Pumpkin Spice Martini: Elyx vodka, Bacardi spiced rum, pumpkin puree, sugar syrup, and pumpkin spice syrup, garnished with graham cracker around the rim and cinnamon powder
- The Jingle: Grey Goose White Peach and Rosemary Vodka, Kahlua, pomegranate syrup, fresh lemon juice, cranberry juice, and ginger beer, garnished with cranberries and marshmallows
In addition, the new “I Love this Martini” menu, crafted in partnership with Diageo and Filthy Premium Mixers & Garnishes, is now available across the fleet. The menu features favorites, plus new twists like the Black Cherry Espresso Martini, made with Ketel One Vodka, Bailey’s Irish Cream Liqueur, Filthy Black Cherry Syrup, and topped with Filthy Black Cherries.
Princess has also announced a new partnership with The Macklowe Whiskey, the first luxury American single malt whiskey from creator Julie Macklowe, and will feature the premium spirit on menus in time for holiday sailings.
A host of gourmet dining options and traditional go-to’s will be served up again this season with Princess’ signature Culinary Collection of Holiday Menus, created by Chef Rudi Sodamin leading the Princess culinary arts team. Menu items include a five-course Thanksgiving feast, the meaningful and fun foods of Hanukkah, delectable Christmas dishes from the traditions around the world, and conclude with a sparkling New Year’s Gala menu.
3, 2, 1: Countdown to 2024
After a Gala Dinner in the main dining rooms, guests sailing over New Year’s will ring in 2024 with a festive countdown party in the Piazza, complete with a Champagne toast! A posh “Dom Perignon Lounge” vibe takes over the Wheelhouse Bar for revelers looking to sing, dance and enjoy a chic celebration.
Holiday cruises are still available, starting as low as $548 per person:
- December 1: 15-Day Southeast Asia & Japan (Tokyo to Singapore) on Diamond Princess
- December 4: 15-Day Hawaiian Islands on Discovery Princess
- December 10: 7-Day Western Caribbean with Mexico on Regal Princess
- December 10: 7-Day Eastern Caribbean with Puerto Rico on Caribbean Princess
- December 17: 10-Day Eastern Caribbean with Tortola Holiday on Caribbean Princess
- December 20: 10-Day Panama Canal with Costa Rica & Caribbean Holiday on Ruby Princess
- December 22: 16-Day Hawaiian Islands Holiday on Crown Princess
- December 23: 7-Day Western Caribbean with Mexico Holiday on Sky Princess
Cruisers wishing to book a holiday voyage are encouraged to contact a professional travel advisor, or visit princess.com. We recommend MEI Travel for a free, no obligation quote, and help throughout the trip.