Seabourn doesn’t just call themselves a luxury cruise line, they bill themselves as an ultra-luxury cruise line, and a look inside the suites of the upcoming Seabourn Pursuit should back that up.
Seabourn Pursuit will be the second of two purpose-built expedition vessels in the Seabourn fleet. It’s set to launch this summer, 2023, with 132 oceanfront veranda suites in an array of layouts and dimensions.
All 12 suite categories include private ocean-view verandas, a living area, queen-size bed or two twin beds, walk-in closet, interactive TV, fully stocked bar and refrigerator, writing desk with personalized stationery, and a makeup vanity. The spacious marble guest bathrooms have a full tub, separate shower, and luxury beauty products.
Each suite also has a built-in heated jacket wardrobe, where guests can hang their wet outdoor Complimentary PolarShield Parka and other gear to dry quickly once they return from adventures off the ship. They can also use them to warm their coats before heading out on a cool morning.
For this new expedition vessel, hospitality atelier Tihany Design – led by Founder Adam D. Tihany and Managing Partner Alessia Genova – fashioned interiors to create a modern ambiance that combines comfort, relaxed elegance, and sophisticated ruggedness.
“Tihany Design’s latest undertaking for Seabourn is among its most thoughtfully conceived and executed, creating an ultra-luxury atmosphere that pairs well with the expedition feel guests experience throughout Seabourn Pursuit,” said Natalya Leahy, president of Seabourn. “Guests will certainly recognize their Seabourn ‘home away from home’ while being surrounded by elements that bring a spirit of adventure and discovery as they visit some of the most beautiful and remote locations of the world.”
Additional in-suite amenities include a personal safe, plush robes, slippers, and hair dryer. Bedding is outfitted with a custom-built mattress, cotton linens, all-season duvet, and firm or soft pillows. The in-suite bar is replenished with a selection of beverages and complimentary wines and/or spirits as per guest requests; and guests can take advantage of Swarovski Optik binoculars to use to view natural beauty from afar.
The suites’ exclusive custom furniture collection by Tihany Design was produced by Italian furniture manufacturer Roda, which combines authentic Italian craftsmanship with state-of-the-art technology and innovation. Natural curvilinear arch design elements and parchment-inspired wall panels are among the many details that reflect bygone maritime craftsmanship; digitally printed wall laminate material mimics wood with granular detail; heated flooring with wooden-look tiles; and custom bedside panels feature toggle switches, an analog clock, and a fold-away reading lamp.
All guests can look forward to a Personal Suite Host and Suite Attendant. Their duties include welcoming Champagne and canapés; personalized nightly turndown service; assistance with special requests, such as arranging in-suite cocktail parties; regular replenishment of ice and bar setup; management of laundry service needs; and the ritual drawing of “Pure Pampering” baths upon request.
Seabourn Pursuit Suite Categories
- Veranda Suites – Veranda Suites are the most abundant accommodation on Seabourn Pursuit. They include a separate seating area with a coffee/dining table for two. Each suite has an approximate total space of 355 sq. ft. (33 sq. m.), including a private furnished veranda of 78 sq. ft. (7 sq. m.). There are four categories of Veranda Suites available, and sizes vary by suite.
- Veranda Spa Suites – Located on Deck 7, Seabourn Pursuit’s two Veranda Spa Suites are the same size and have the same layouts and amenities as Veranda Suites. They also include additional in-suite spa amenities and access to a spa concierge service.
- Panorama Veranda Suites – Available only on the expedition ships, the Panorama Veranda Suites feature a semi-circular living area with seating and include floor-to-ceiling windows. The bathroom features a separate shower and large soaking tub placed next to a window, providing views of the private, furnished veranda and scenic outdoor landscapes. The suites are located on Decks 5, 6, 7 and 8, and are 420 sq. ft. (39 sq. m.), including a private, furnished veranda of 86 sq. ft. (8 sq. m.), though suite sizes vary.
- Penthouse Suites – Located on Deck 8, each of Seabourn Pursuit’s Penthouse Suites include a living area with a dining table for two to enjoy in-suite dining and large windows. The Penthouse Suites are approximately 527 sq. ft. (49 sq. m.), including a furnished veranda of 97 sq. ft. (9 sq. m.).
- Penthouse Spa Suite – Perfect for travelers desiring the space of a penthouse and access to the onboard spa and wellness facilities, this suite features the same amenities as the Penthouse Suite along with added in-suite spa amenities. Located on Deck 7, this suite stretches 635 sq. ft. (59 sq. m.), including a private, furnished veranda of 205 sq. ft. (19 sq. m.).
- Grand Wintergarden Suites – Set on Decks 7 and 8, the Grand Wintergarden Suites are two suites combined into one. The two-level suites feature a living area, dining table for four, second bedroom, separate guest bath and pantry with a wet bar stocked with a customized selection of spirits. A sculptured staircase leading to the upper level takes guests to the master bedroom positioned to face expansive windows. The upper level also features an expansive wall of closets, along with advanced technology including a roll-up LG OLED TV that tucks away. Guests will find a separate walk-in closet adjacent to the five-piece bathroom complete with a whirlpool spa tub and separate shower. Wintergarden suite guests will also be able to enjoy wildlife and vista spotting using a Swarovski ATX Interior spotting scope. These suites are 1,399 sq. ft. (130 sq. m.), including two furnished verandas totaling 205 sq. ft. (19 sq. m.).
- Wintergarden Suites include the same features as the Grand Wintergarden without the additional bedroom and full bathroom on the lower level. They are approximately 1,044 sq. ft. (97 sq. m.), including a private furnished veranda of 129 sq. ft. (12 sq. m.).
- Owner’s Suites – Perched above the bow on Deck 7, the pair of Owner’s Suites include a living area that includes a TV, writing desk, and dining table for two. A glass door leads to a curved veranda with sun loungers and a table for four. The separate bedroom features a queen-sized bed, a large window, makeup vanity, and a walk-in closet. The five-piece bathroom is designed with multiple doors that can create a half-bath, and also features a separate shower and bathtub. The suites are 1,023 sq. ft. (95 sq. m.) of space, including a private veranda of 484 sq. ft. (45 sq. m.).
- Signature Suites – Set at the stern of Seabourn Pursuit, Signature Suites features a foyer entry opening to a living area, dining table for four, guest bath, and pantry with wet bar, and a series of large windows. The separate bedroom features a queen-sized bed, makeup vanity, generous closet space, and a glass door leading to a large, curved veranda that includes its own canopied whirlpool spa tub, sun loungers, sofa, and chairs. A five-piece bathroom with a separate shower and tub rounds out the suite. The suites are approximately 1,377 sq. ft. (128 sq. m.) of space, including a 592 sq. ft. (55 sq. m.) furnished veranda.